Ellie Love continues her Super Bowl Snack collection with a family favorite — Candied Bacon!!! This savory yet sweet snack is sure to be a hit with even your most finicky of football snack fiends! Bring this to your friends Super Bowl for the game winning score!
- 24 oz sliced bacon cut into large pieces
- 2 medium sized white onions diced
- 2 shallots diced
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1tsp chili powder
- ¾ cup of black coffee
- ½ cup of cider vinegar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- Sautee Bacon until crisp, remove from fat and set aside and reserve bacon fat
- Add approximately ⅓ cup of bacon fat into pan and sautee onions and shallots until tender and translucent.
- Add garlic, chili powder, coffee, vinegar and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add Bacon and simmer until well combined.
- Transfer all into a crock pot and cook on high uncovered for 4 hours.
- Remove from crock pot and process through a blender or food processor to a chunky consistency.
- Jam can be transferred to jars and stored in a refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Music used with permission and licensed through Premium Beats:
- Title – “Ready For This”
- Artist – Dan Phillipson
- Link: https://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty-free-tracks/ready-for-this