Ellie Love shares a new recipe she tried out recently with her Love Tribe. Even her most finicky of eaters LOVED it… such a savory soup, perfect for fall weather to warm up your soul!
Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 12 oz pkg bacon, chopped
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 10 medium potatos, peeled and cubed
- 2 bundles of kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups extra creamy oat milk or heavy cream Salt and pepper
- Non-dairy parmesan or regular parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large pot saute bacon over medium heat until cooked. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate with a slotted spoon. Drain off all but about 2 Tbsp of the bacon fat.
- Add Italian sausage to the pot. Break up with a spatula and cook until done. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the finely diced onions to the pot. Saute until soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Then add minced garlic, saute for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Add diced potatoes and cook for 13 to 15 minutes, until fork tender.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, add kale and sausage and bring it all to a light boil.
- Stir in the extra creamy oat milk, salt and pepper, bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Garnish with bacon and parmesan. Serve.
Music used with permission and licensed through Premium Beats:
- Title – “Ready For This”
- Artist – Dan Phillipson
- Link: https://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty-free-tracks/ready-for-this
Comments are closed